Enter the False Bay Yacht Club Spring Regatta 2017
15,16 and 17 September
Bigger, better, more competitive and more fun than ever before!
Sponsored by Harbour Bay, supported by Intasure, this 3 day festival of sailing is False Bay Yacht Club’s premier regatta and one of the biggest in the country. It attracts upward of 50 entries with representatives from all keelboat sailing clubs in the Western Cape. It is also the preparation event for the Mossel Bay off-shore race, which takes place the following weekend.
The event kicks off the summer sailing season in the Cape and is characterised by fantastic sailing off Simonstown, a competitive environment and a vibrant sailing festival atmosphere.
The False Bay Yacht Club will be a hive of activity with live music throughout the weekend and plenty of activities to keep the whole family entertained. While activity on the water will be fast and furious, with ORC in-shore racing as well as medium distance races for the cruisers. This year, the event will also feature live tracking so those on shore can follow the action on the water. This is one event on the Cape’s sporting calendar not to be missed.
The Spring regatta weekend features:
- Happy hours and drinks promotions all weekend long!
- Fun prizes every evening!
- Harken winch grinding competition.
- Lucky draws.
- Crew packs on entry (competitors caps).
- ORC classes and cruising classes (This is a unique opportunity for cruisers to scrape off the barnacles and have some competitive fun in a controlled environment)
- Live tracking on screen in the bar and internet.
- Free mooring during the regatta!
Get your entry in now and benefit from the early entry discount!
On-line Entry and Notice of Race documents at: http://www.fbycspringregatta.co.za/
Proudly sponsored by