You are reminded that your membership card will be deactivated for use at the gate, club entrance and bar if your subscriptions are not paid by 31st July 2012.
- Renewal of your RCYC membership is due from 1st July 2012 – Debit Order facilities are available – contact Barry Heath to arrange (only for Subs and AML).
- Invitation to participate in the 2012/2013 Club Championships is on the web site.
- The New Sailing Season 2012/2013 Calendar can be found on the RCYC Website
- Gerry Hegie sent in an interesting article about his delivery on a new Swan 53 read more
- Phesheya-Racing, Akilaria, Class 40 no 23 yacht is now for sale, see website for sale.
Retirement Ron Keytel
After many years of service to our sailing community, Ron, due to ill health, has decided to hang up his race officer and sailing administrator hats. All of us, over the years, have grown familiar with Ron’s voice over the radio and his uncanny knack in picking up mistakes and misinterpretations in Notices of Races, Sailing Instructions and general sailing documents.
Ron joined Royal Cape Yacht Club in February 2005 as an assistant to Dee Seebert, our then Sailing Events Manager. With him came a world of experience in sailing administration and yacht racing officialdom. I have noticed over the years that Ron has managed to adjust his hearing capability along with some of the fickle and silly questions he has sometimes had to endure; however with this in mind I have also noticed that Ron really does care for our sailors and will not leave a task or question unattended until it is resolved.
I think at the ripe young age of 73 Ron deserves bit of a break and on behalf of all your friends and family at Royal Cape Yacht Club we wish you well, you will be sorely missed.
NOTE: Ron will continue to assist on the bridge and at the office on an ad hoc basis.
Rear Commodore Sailing
Sailing News & More
26th July 2012