Our very popular Wednesday evening sailing series is about to begin.
We would like to encourage all members, racing and social sailors alike, to partake in this fantastic season long event. This is the perfect platform to showcase our club to your family, friends and colleagues and we need your help in convincing them to become members of your prestigious clubYou are all familiar with the normal sign-in procedure for guests which take place at the entrance to the main foyer. Each guest must sign a register supported by your signature to gain entry to the club. This procedure ensures that your club remains a member’s club as envisaged by the Act. It further ensures that your membership is a prestigious one and something non-members would like to obtain. It is important that you as member, not only understand, but support the idea of a members’ club and all the relating direct benefits to you.
Your Committee is fully committed to enhance your experience when visiting your club and growth of membership is one of its main focuses. It has decided to drop the Wednesday night membership category. The normal guest policy is sufficient to allow your guests to visit the club on these days. To assist with the bottle-neck effect which the volume of guests will create on Wednesday evenings, the following measures will be in operation:
- It will be possible to bypass the sign-in register if you complete an electronic crew list that will be available on the website, listing your guest’s name.
- The process must be completed for each event and the crew list must be returned to the sailing office by 15h00 on the day of the event. If a crew list is received as per the above, your guest will be welcomed by our staff and no action is required by the member.
- Should a guest arrive who is not on a member’s crew list, the member would then need to follow the normal guest policy. I.e. go to the entrance with his/her guest and sign the guest in.
- Your guest will be given a RCYC guest sticker which must be displayed by your guest at all times.
- It is important to note that your guest remains your responsibility at all times.
- We kindly request that you expend extra time and effort, to ensure that your guest has a memorable time that may be converted into a new membership.
Thank you for assisting in creating a sustainable sailing club for your fellow members.