Access permit now online.
Transnet National Port Authority (TNPA) has upgraded their Inter Port Management System and all Club members will be required to renew their Port access cards online before the end of May. After approval, the card will be automatically updated without the need for a physical visit to the Customer Service Centre. All fully completed applications requests will be processed within 7 days and the approved applicant will be notified via the Customer Services Centre.
How to Apply:
Each member must apply or renew via the online Port IPMS system (please refer to IPMS permit application guideline attached).
Upload or attach the following supporting documents in PDF format:
• Fully completed Annexure A form
• Dully signed Annexure C
• Certified copy of South African ID
• Foreign National must provide a copy of the bio page of passport as well as the copy of their status in the passport.
Step by step
- Application must be via online, use Google Chrome https://ipms.transnet.net/
- User name not required.
- Select drop down – User Request.
- Click to start process – Port Entry Pass.
- Select drop down Port you want to apply for e.g. Cape Town.
- Complete the Application form and Mandatory documents to upload as stated above.
- Applications are subject to Security/Immigration/SAPS verification and approval.
Photo and fingerprint will be taken at the CSC. The first issue of the ID Tag is free and the cost of replacement (of lost/ damaged) is R467.64 Vat included subject to yearly tariff increase, 1st April.
Working Hours: 09:00 -15:00, Monday, Wednesday and Friday